Motorola XT532 is the latest of all the phones either released or announced by the Motorola. The Motorola XT532 seems to be the much anticipated phone by the teenagers, as the teenagers have been looking for a phone with a powerful camera, strong processor and much more and finally they have got it – thanks to Motorola. The counterpart of this phone could be Samsung Galaxy Y as it too satisfies the demands of the juvenile.
Samsung Galaxy Y has even been a top notch pick of the youth at many places, be it offline or online. Now the question arises “Whether to go with Samsung Galaxy Y or Motorola XT532?”. Both the phones are very much similar so to ease up the dvcecision we are going to help you.
Features of Samsung Galaxy Y (Rs. 7,350)
- It supports 2G with GSM bands ranging from 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900. Not surprisingly, it also supports 3G with HSDPA 900 / 2100 bands.
- Dimensions of this phone are 104 x 58 x 11.5 mm, and the total weight is 97.5grams.
- It has got TFT capacitive touchscreen with 3.0inch display with 133ppi pixel density. Great thing is that it also supports multitouch.
- Sound quality too is great. It supports MP3, and has also got 3.5mm jack.
- NFC (Near field communication) is absent which came as a blow.
- The internal memory is 180MB with 290MB RAM. The expandable memory though is 32GB.
- It has got 2MP primary camera which isn't actually that poor. It doesn’t have a secondary camera.
- The operating system is Android OS, v2.3.5 (Gingerbread) with 830MHz processor.
- Last but not the least, it has got a standard Li-Ion 1200 mAh battery to keep it turned on.
Features of Motorola XT532 (Expected price is Rs. 9,000)
- This phone too, supports 2G and 3G on same bands but the 3G is available only on SIM 1.
- Dimensions are greater - 114 x 62 x 12 mm, which gives it the total size of 3.5inches. Motorola XT532 has got 165ppi pixel density.
- The total weight of Motorola XT532 is 115grams.
- Motorola XT532 has got 512MB RAM, 512MB ROM, and the expandable memory is up to 32GB.
- NFC is absent in this case too.
- Has got a primary 5MP camera with autofocus, LED flash etc. It also has a secondary VGA camera.
- Operating system is Android OS, v2.3.7 (Gingerbread) with 800MHz processor.
- This is a dual SIM phone and has got 1500mAh battery.
Which is better?Now, as we have come across all the features, I think it won’t be hard for you to choose between these two. Motorola XT532 is better than Samsung Galaxy Y in every feature but the only thing where it lags behind is the processor but no to worry as the difference is of mere 30MHz.
As far as quality is concerned I think that Motorola is as good as any other premium brands in the market, be it anyone – even Apple! Motorola though has seen a downfall in its market status but the phone quality has never gone down. So I don’t think that you will be doing any wrong if you will be purchasing the Motorola XT532. On the other hand Samsung Galaxy Y too won't be a bad choice as Samsung phones are doing a great job. Also, Samsung Galaxy Y is a exclusive phone from Samsung dedicated to youth.
Availability too is a major concern. Samsung Galaxy Y is readily available in almost all the official Samsung stores but on the other hand Motorola XT532 isn't available anywhere, what makes the situation worse is that its expected that Motorola XT532 will be release in 2012 which is a lot of time.